Home Health RN
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to provide direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, education, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
• Follows the mission, vision, and values of Salem Memorial District Hospital.
• Works under the supervision of the department director/charge nurse.
• Proactively recognizes and assists patients/customers throughout the healthcare system, responding to their needs/concerns in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Uses critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate patient's physical, psychosocial, and emotional needs.
• Adhere to professional standards, follow policies and procedures, and abide by federal, state, and local requirements.
• Follows safety measures such as infection prevention, critical lab notification, etc., to ensure that the patient care is provided in an optimally safe environment.
• Attends and participates in departmental meetings, in-services and required training.
• Keeps abreast of current trends and knowledge through continuing education.
• Develops, implementation, and updates the individualized plan of care by setting appropriate goals and interventions based on the patients individualized needs.
• Coordinates and overseer’s agency referral intake by determining appropriate admissions based on federal, state, and local requirements.
• Provide safe and quality care to the patient in their home with dignity and respect.
• Directs and supervises LPNs and nurses’ aides to ensure plan of care is met.
• Consults with supervisors and physicians to ensure the best treatment plan for the patient.
• Administers medication, provides wound care and other treatment to meet the patient needs.
• Counsels and educates the patients, families, and caregivers to assist in achieving goals and independence in the home.
• Accurate Oasis documentation.
• Timely documentation of treatment/care to support the skilled need of the patient to meet federal/state/local regulation and billing guidelines.
• Systematically plans for discharge of the patient based on meeting goals written in the plan of care.
• Assist in Agency QAPI projects when necessary.
Academic, Certifications, & Trade Qualifications
• Current Missouri Registered Nurse license or current Registered Nurse license from a compact state (If employee is a new graduate then within 6 months of hire or after first successful attempt of Missouri state boards)
• Current BLS certification & ACLS certification within 6 months of hire
Work Experience, Skills, and Strengths
• Minimum 1 year experience is preferred. SMDH may, at their discretion, choose to perform
Must have reliable transportation.
Position Type : Full Time
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560