RN or LPN Medical Scribe
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to accompany SMH Medical Director (Med/Surg, Hospitalist, Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehabilitation) during patient examinations and act as an extension of the provider. The nurse/scribe will perform clerical duties as well as assisting with medical record recording. This position helps with increased provider productivity, patient satisfaction and more efficient workflow. The nurse/scribe’s job is to document the physician-patient interaction in real time with the provided electronic medical record system. The nurse/scribe will provide direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
Academic, Certifications, & Trade Qualifications
• Current Missouri Registered Nurse license or current Registered Nurse license from a compact state (If employee is a new graduate then within 6 months of hire or after first successful attempt of Missouri state boards). or Current Missouri Licensed Practical Nurse licene.
• ACLS certification within 6 months of hire.
Work Experience, Skills, and Strengths
• Minimum 1 year experience is preferred. SMH may, at their discretion, choose to perform on-the-job training for this position.
• Experience in SMH Med/Surg, Emergency Room and Clinic preferred.
• Able to communicate and work with a wide variety of staff, patients and families.
• Team-driven individual who works well with others.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560