Chief Executive Officer
Purpose: As a member of the Hospital's senior management team, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will participate in operational decision-making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the hospital's mission in addition to maintaining an awareness of changes in healthcare matters that could have an impact on the success of the hospital. The CEO will ensure success of the hospital through quality enhancement, cost containment, revenue growth and development of strong relationships with hospital staff, board members, and community leaders.
• Overall operations of the acute-care facility
• Working with system management to develop and implement policies and procedures, short- and long-range goals, objectives and plans.
• Providing leadership to hospital managers, directors and officers that will enroll support, create ownership of goals, and encourage active participate in decisions that impact the hospital
• Ensuring the hospital meets necessary regulatory and compliance approvals and quality accreditations in conjunction with the hospital's Chief Nursing Officer
• Partnering with physicians who use, or will use, the hospital; taking a leadership role in the recruiting and retention of physicians
• Assisting in planning new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue
• Creating an environment that will encourage the recruiting and retention of qualified hospital employees
• Managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs in conjunction with the hospital's Chief Financial Officer and Chief Nursing Officer
• Developing and maintaining positive relations with community that the hospital is located as well as the community leaders
• Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities
• Representing the hospital at meetings including medical staff, hospital board of director meetings as well as relevant community meetings; participates with leaders in designing and providing patient care and services
• Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office meetings as deemed necessary
Academic, Certifications, & Trade Qualifications
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration
• A Master’s Degree in hospital administration and/or business administration, preferred
• Minimum of five or more years of demonstrated successful leadership in a healthcare facility.
• Prior hospital CEO experience preferred
• Critical Access Hospital experience required
Position Type : Full Time
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560