Purpose: Responsible for day-to-day general office duties including word processing, scanning, faxing, and indexing. Receives incoming telephone calls in a prompt, courteous and professional manner, and greets/assists visitors in the same manner.
• Welcomes patients/clients/visitors, determines the purpose of their visit, directs, and addresses their needs accordingly
• Promptly and professionally answers telephone calls; routes calls/messages offering voice mail or redirection of calls as needed
• Responsible for scheduling, checking in/out, and verifying/updating patient information
• Responsible for monitoring Input Manager fax queue and indexing as directed
• Responsible for scanning and faxing as needed
• Facilitates patient flow and communicates delays with patients and clinical staff
• Follows all Clinic policies on safety and security; maintains restricted areas by safeguarding keyless entry codes and computer system passwords in strict confidentiality
• Explains financial requirements to patients and/or responsible parties and collects copays as required
• Monitors supplies and requests supplies when necessary
• Monitors office equipment in work area and reports issues to Clinic Manager
• Ensures ER/hospital records are received prior to clinic visit
• May function as a Pod member being responsible for answering phones, routing calls, taking messages, scheduling appointments, etc.
• May function as a float nurse depending on qualifications (please see nursing job description).
• Maintains patient confidentiality and adheres to infection control and safety guidelines
• Maintains an organized work environment
• Perform other related duties as directed or required.
Academic, Certifications, & Trade Qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Completion of a course in Medical Terminology preferred.
• Willing to work evenings as needed.
• Willing to attend continuing education courses at the request of the employer.
• Medical Assistant or CNA experience preferred
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560