Purpose: The primary purpose of your job position is to provide direct patient care in the rendering of the prescribed dialysis treatment in accordance with the established policy and procedures of the dialysis unit. Your duties include serving as primary nurse to assigned patients, providing care and monitoring patients throughout dialysis.
• Perform patient charting on a timely basis in accordance with policy and procedure.
• You may be required to carry out the verbal request of the department director, the medical director, or the attending physician to endure the highest degree of quality care is always maintained.
• Provide excellent service to all patients, meeting or exceeding their needs, expectations to ensure continuous improvement of Salem Memorial District Hospital’s customer-focused environment.
• Shows courtesy, compassion and respect.
• Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as calm environment thought the unit and shift.
• Work environment is in a comfortable indoor area.
• Conditions such as noise, odors, cramped workspace and/or fumes could sometimes cause discomfort.
• Occasional lifting may be heavy and awkward, over 50 lbs.
• Frequent periods of concentrated or focused attention will be needed to interpret visual, auditory, and sensory inputs.
• Shift work may be required.
• May be exposed to such occupational hazards as communicable diseases, radiation, chemotherapeutic agents, and disoriented or combative patients.
• May be required to be on standby and work extended shifts in situations deemed necessary.
• Must be able to work under stress and be emotionally capable of coping with complex and/or changing activities.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Academic, Certifications, & Trade Qualifications
• Certificate/Degree from accredited School of Nursing
• Current licensure in the state of Missouri.
• Current BLS certification is required.
Work Experience, Skills, and Strengths
• Minimum 1 year experience is preferred. SMDH may, at their discretion, choose to perform on-the-job training for this position.
• Able to communicate and work with a wide variety of staff, patients and families
• Team-driven individual who works well with others
• Exhibits valuable time management skills
• Basic computer skills
• Flexibility and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
• Considerable mental concentration required for long periods of time.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, lift at least 50 pounds, and move intermittently throughout the work day including standing, walking, sitting, lifting, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, reaching
• Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
• May be required to lift equipment, supplies, etc.
• May be subjected to infectious diseases, waste, conditions, etc., including the potential exposure to the AIDS, Tuberculosis and Hepatitis B Viruses
Position Type : Full Time
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560