Long Term Care Director
Purpose: To plan, organize, develop, coordinate, and direct the SMDH Long Term Care Facility and its activities in accordance with current Federal, State regulations and local guidelines that govern such program. It is the responsibility of the Long Term Care Director to enforce facility policy and procedure to ensure the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times.
• General clinical environment
• Will be expected to work outside normal business hours (including evenings and week-ends) as needed.
Academic, Certifications, & Trade Qualifications
• Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Missouri or Compact state.
• American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification required.
• Licensed Nursing Home Administrator desired OR must become a LNHA within two years of hire.
Work Experience, Skills, and Strengths
• Minimum of two (2) years consecutive experience in field of nursing immediately prior to application.
• Evidence of essential leadership, communication, education, and counseling skills.
• Excellent attention to detail; able to maintain complete and accurate documentation of all patient related activities.
• Ability to build relationships and quickly develop trust with residents and healthcare professionals.
• Demonstrates respectful, professional customer service maintaining a positive attitude.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work well with residents, family members, providers, and all other professional staff to optimize patient care.
• Able to meet productivity and quality standards.
• Flexible to handle fluctuating workloads and tasks.
• Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations at all times.
• Proactively continues to educate self on providing quality care and improving professional skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Good knowledge and application of computer technology; Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel, e-mail, etc.
The Ideal Candidate
• The ideal candidate has a friendly and compassionate personality with experience in the nursing home setting along with knowledge of state and federal regulations. The ideal candidate also has experience with advanced knowledge and training of managing the day-to-day operations of the facility progressing them toward their mission and goals. This individual must be able to supervise and manage the clinical and administrative affairs of the nursing home facility.
Position Type : Full Time
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560