Temporary Entrance Screener
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to greet, screen, and provide assistance, when appropriate, to employees, patients, and visitors as they enter Salem Memorial District Hospital. The Entrance Screener will be responsible for administering temperature checks and health related questionnaires to ensure a safe and healthy environment. The Entrance Screener will be provided all forms of Personal Protective Equipment that is required for this position.
• Greets all employees, patients, and visitors prior to allowing entry to SMDH facilities.
• Asks prompted health related questions and follows structured protocol.
• Uses Infrared thermometer to obtain a temperature reading.
• Interprets temperature results to determine next steps in protocol.
• Directs patient and visitor questions as needed.
• Assist patients with wheelchair throughout facility as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required to sit or stand for long periods of time with frequent bending and occasional squatting. Works with biohazardous material on a daily basis. Required to wear and use proper personal protective equipment. Works indoors in a temperature controlled environment.
Academic, Certifications, & Trade Qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
• Basic computer skills required.
Work Experience, Skills, and Strengths
• Minimum 1 year healthcare experience is preferred.
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to demonstrate a welcoming and smiling demeanor
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Attention to professionalism
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Flexibility and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
• Perform work safely, following all company policies and procedures
• Basic computer skills
• Must be able to bend, stoop, lift at least 75 pounds, and move intermittently throughout the work day including standing, walking, sitting, lifting, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, reaching
• Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
• May be subjected to infectious diseases, waste, conditions, etc., including the potential exposure to the AIDS, Tuberculosis and Hepatitis B Viruses
Position Type : Part Time
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560