Director of Accounting
Purpose: The Director of Accounting will direct and coordinate the day to day activity of the accounting department reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
• Oversee the daily operations of the accounting department. Develop goals and priorities, assigns tasks and projects. Develops staff skills and training plans. Counsels, trains and coaches assigned staff. Implements corrective actions and conducts performance evaluations. Provides leadership, direction and guidance. Represents the department on various committees; conducts regular unit staff meetings. Counsels staff as appropriate in a timely manner and submits documentation.
• Prepares the monthly financials and reviews with CFO and reconcile balance sheet accounts and review with CFO monthly.
• Maintain daily cash, AR, and stats weekly to CFO and CEO
• Will be the lead during the audit ensuring that we have reports and information for field work. Review with CFO before the audit begins.
• Responsible for preparing data for the audit as well as being a liaison between the auditors and the CFO.
• Oversee and act as backup for Payroll, Accounts Payable and General Ledger staff. Including posting cash receipts and support the DSH reporting.
• Assist the CFO with operating budget and capital budget.
• Communication will be key with the CFO and Administration
• Other duties as assigned
Academic, Certifications, & Trade Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field required.
• Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field preferred.
• Must maintain valid Missouri Driver’s License.
Work Experience, Skills, and Strengths
Minimum of five years of healthcare experience in the functions of the department (or similar department) with three years of management or supervisory experience.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560