Full Time: Day and Night Shift positions
Purpose: The Monitor Technician provides continuous cardiac monitor observation on a routine basis. This position is a dual role and also performs general clerical duties by preparing, compiling and maintaining records in the patient care unit however the primary job duty is ensuring the observation of the cardiac monitor. The Monitor Technician works closely with the charge nurse and cooperatively with other nursing personnel for the delivery of high-quality patient care.
• Follows the mission, vision and values of Salem Memorial District Hospital
• Works under the supervision of the department director and Charge Nurse
• Proactively recognizes and assists patients/customers throughout the healthcare system, responding to their needs/concerns in a prompt and efficient manner
• Answers telephone courteously and in a professional manner and transfers calls to appropriate personnel
• Adhere to professional standards, follow policies and procedures and abide by federal, state and local requirements
• Ensures constant monitoring of cardiac rhythms on telemetry units.
• Obtain and interpret rhythm strips reporting identified changes.
• Maintains communication with appropriate nurse regarding telemetry changes and concerns.
• Maintains knowledge of telemetry equipment set-up, maintenance and use.
• Ensures that cardiac monitoring equipment is functioning appropriately.
• Performs clerical duties when appropriate supporting the operations of the patient care team.
• Transcribes physician orders as appropriate and enters them into the EMR
• Notifies appropriate nurse when STAT orders are entered or when coordinating tests and procedures. Communicates new orders to the healthcare team as appropriate
• Orders and maintains supplies for the unit
• Monitors and assures patient safety
• Maintains work area and equipment cleanliness according to department standards
• Attends and participates in departmental meetings, in-services and required training
• Keeps abreast of current trends and knowledge through continuing education
• Other duties as required
Required to sit or stand for long periods of time with frequent bending and occasional squatting. Works with biohazardous material on a daily basis. Required to wear and use proper personal protective equipment. Works indoors in a temperature controlled environment. Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs without assistance.
Academic, Certifications, & Trade Qualifications
• High School Diploma
• Must retain BLS certification within 45 days of hire
• Successful completion of annual basic arrhythmia course
• Successful completion of a course in medical terminology preferred
Work Experience, Skills, and Strengths
• Minimum 1 year experience is preferred. SMDH may, at their discretion, choose to perform on-the-job training for this position.
• Able to communicate and work with a wide variety of staff, patients and families
• Team-driven individual who works well with others
• Exhibits valuable time management skills
• Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills
• Basic computer skills
• Flexibility and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Night
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560