Purpose: The purpose of this position is to assist the pharmacist(s) in the delivery of pharmacy services throughout the hospital.
• Maintains inventory stock according to par levels of medications and supplies and reorders them accordingly.
• Maintains integrity of inventory by performing periodic counts and removing outdated materials.
• Replenishes and maintains medications in the automated dispensing cabinets (Pyxis) according to daily reports.
• Completes a daily cart-fill for in-patients as needed.
• Receives and stores incoming deliveries of medication and supplies.
• Assists in filling prescriptions by entering prescription data, printing labels, and/or counting medications.
• Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors
• Identifies inconsistencies or questionable medication orders and notifies the pharmacist.
• Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
• Calculates figures and amounts relating to dosage calculations when filing various prescriptions ranging from the newborn to the elderly populations.
• Processes records of medications and supplies dispensed to patients or customers, computes charges and either enters them into the EHR.
• Prepares selected reports.
Position Type : Pool/PRN/Per Diem
Shift : Other
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560