Purpose: The purpose of this position is to assist the pharmacist(s) in the delivery of pharmacy services throughout the hospital.
• Maintains inventory stock according to par levels of medications and supplies and reorders them accordingly.
• Maintains integrity of inventory by performing periodic counts and removing outdated materials.
• Replenishes and maintains medications in the automated dispensing cabinets (Pyxis) according to daily reports.
• Receives and stores incoming deliveries of medication and supplies.
• Assists in filling prescriptions by entering prescription data, printing labels, and/or counting medications.
• Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors
• Identifies inconsistencies or questionable medication orders and notifies the pharmacist.
• Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
• Calculates figures and amounts relating to dosage calculations when filing various prescriptions ranging from the newborn to the elderly populations.
• Processes records of medications and supplies dispensed to patients or customers, computes charges and either enters them into the EHR.
• Prepares selected reports.
• Assists the Pharmacist in providing medication, drug information and pharmaceutical services to patients ranging in age from newborn to the elderly, and to nurses, physicians and other hospital personnel.
• May prepare or assist in the preparation of IV admixtures or solutions.
• Maintains the Pharmacy Department in a clean and orderly manner
• Performs other pharmacy-related duties as requested or required by the pharmacist(s).
Academic, Certifications, & Trade Qualifications
• Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certification encouraged.
• Missouri Pharmacy Technician License required.
Work Experience, Skills, and Strengths
• Experience as hospital pharmacy technician or 1 year experience in community pharmacy is preferred.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
• Attention to detail and precision.
• Provides courteous, prompt, and precise customer service (patient, nurse, or otherwise).
• Must be able to bend, stoop, lift at least 50 pounds, and move intermittently throughout the work day including standing, walking, sitting, lifting, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, reaching.
• Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
• May be required to lift equipment, supplies, etc.
• General office environment.
• May be exposed to infectious diseases, frequent exposure to communicable diseases via blood and other body fluids, waste, conditions etc. as well as periodic contact with conditions such as fumes, noise, chemicals, and hazards.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560