Purpose: The purpose of this position is to provide basic care to patients, as well as assist them in basic activities of daily living, such as bathing. Help residents recover and/or improve their physical, emotional, and mental health by providing rehabilitation care. Because of the personal nature of the job the CNA must possess good interpersonal skills as well as being compassionate and enjoy helping others.
• Follows the mission, vision and values of Salem Memorial District Hospital.
• Works under the supervision of the department director and RN/LPN.
• Proactively recognizes and assists patients/customers throughout the healthcare system, responding to their needs/concerns in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Adhere to professional standards, follow policies and procedures and abide by federal, state and local requirements.
• Records medical information into the EHR in accordance with established policy.
• Assist with daily living activities including providing personal hygiene, turning and ambulating patients, delivering meals, providing fresh water, assisting with bathroom functions, etc. while providing privacy and maintaining dignity.
• Assist with exercise that improve the use of limbs and body functions, help increase strength and mobility.
• Assist with transfers, walking, strength straining and range of motion exercises.
• Assist with grooming, applying, and monitoring splinting and helping with amputation and prosthesis care.
• Observes patient for changes in condition or behavior and promptly reports these changes to appropriate licensed nursing personnel.
• Monitors and assures patient safety
• Maintains work area and equipment cleanliness according to department standards.
• Attends and participates in departmental meetings, in-services and required training.
• Keeps abreast of current trends and knowledge through continuing education.
• Other duties as required.
Academic, Certifications, & Trade Qualifications
• High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
• Successful completion of a course for Certified Nurse Assistant according to the Missouri Department of Health and Human Services within 4 months of hire.
• Must obtain BLS certification within 45 days of hire.
• Must participate and complete 12 hours of educations annually to maintain CNA certification.
Work Experience, Skills, and Strengths
• Minimum 1 year experience is preferred. SMDH may, at their discretion, choose to perform on-the-job training for this position.
• Able to communicate and work with a wide variety of staff, patients and families
• Team-driven individual who works well with others
• Exhibits valuable time management skills
• Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills
• Basic computer skills
• Flexibility and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
• Must be able to bend, stoop, lift at least 75 pounds, and move intermittently throughout the workday including standing, walking, sitting, lifting, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, reaching
• Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
Position Type : Full Time
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560