Home Health Director
The Home Health Director is a registered nurse that leads and directs the daily operations of the home health agency. Establishes and implements quality standards for patient care by adhering to federal, state, and local standards. Additionally, monitors and measures patient satisfaction and outcomes through Quality Improvement programs specific to the agency’s needs.
• Follows the mission, vision, and values of Salem Memorial District Hospital.
• Works under the supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer.
• Establish and implement policy and procedure compliant with Medicare Home Health Conditions of Participation.
• Supervise Interdisciplinary team that consist of RN; LPN; Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy; Certified Nursing Assistants; and Office, Billing personnel.
• Responsible for making patient and personnel schedules; coordinate patient care and referrals; assure that patient needs are continually being assessed; and assure the development and implementation of the plan of care is individualized to the patient needs.
• Provide education of any new or changing rules/regulations to maintain compliance with federal/state and local rules and regulations to the Home Health Interdisciplinary Team
• Responsible for appropriate development of the patient Plan of Care which includes diagnosis coding, goals, interventions, therapeutic and nursing actions specific to each patient needs.
• Responsible for writing and implementing CMS plan of correction for Home Health Agency state survey.
• Develops, implements, evaluates, and maintains an effective Home Health Agency wide data driven QAPI program specific to the agency’s high risk, high volume, and problem prone areas.
• Uses critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate patient's physical, psychosocial, and emotional needs.
• Record, track, investigate, and resolve any patient, patient representative, or caregiver grievances regarding treatment of care and/or suspected abuse in a timely manner.
• Ensure home health clinicians are knowledgeable in completing the home health comprehensive assessment that determines eligibility for home health services.
• Responsible for documenting and ensuring that all home health aides who are employed by the HHA directly or under arrangement is provided with the proper training and competency that meet the Medicare Home Health COP’s.
• Follows hospital safety measures such as infection prevention, safe patient handling and movement, critical lab notification, etc., to ensure patient care is provided in an optimally safe environment.
• Complete annual on-site supervisory visits of appropriate home heath personnel.
• Report any changes regarding overall management and operations, provision of services, budget and operational plans, and quality assessment and performance improvement program to the Governing body on an ongoing basis.
• Responsible for maintaining annual home health agency license.
• Attends and participates in departmental meetings, in-services and required training.
• Other related duties and responsibilities that may become necessary as directed by your department Director and/or Administrator.
Academic, Certifications, & Trade Qualifications
• Graduate of an approved RN program, BSN preferred.
• Must have at least 2 years of experience in general nursing, and 1 year of Home Health experience
• Minimum 2 years experience as a Supervisor, Charge Nurse or Clinical Manager preferred. SMDH may, at their discretion, choose to perform on-the-job training for this position.
• Current unencumbered license to practice as an RN in the state of Missouri.
• Knowledge of OASIS and Medicare documentation requirements
Position Type : Full Time
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560