Director, Revenue Cycle
Director of Revenue Cycle
Purpose: The Director Revenue Cycle coordinates the overall functions of the Business Office and Medical Records to ensure maximization of cash flow while improving patient, physician, and other customer relations.
• Plans, directs, and supervises revenue cycle systems and operations.
• Provides analysis and oversight of revenue cycle process with appropriate benchmarks and quality indicators, ensures compliance oversight of all billing/coding and state and federal guidelines.
• Provides leadership and development of revenue cycle staff, analysis of staffing and general expenses to meet budget for the department.
• Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure that the revenue cycle is effective and properly utilized.
• Ensures that performance appraisals are completed within designated time frames. Coaches staff to improve professional development. Counsels staff as appropriate in a timely manner and submits proper documentation.
• Interacts with vendors and various departments that impact the revenue cycle management results, such as extended business office or collection agency.
• Knowledge in Evident/CPSI
• Typical office conditions with frequent out-of-office work and occasional travel required.
Academic, Certifications, & Trade Qualifications
• Bachelor’s in business administration or related field required
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Health Administration preferred.
• RHIT or RHIA Required
• Certified Coder, CPMA (certified professional medical auditor) preferred.
Work Experience, Skills, and Strengths
• Minimum of five years healthcare experience including experience with operational and strategic aspects of revenue cycle and physician practices. One to two years of management experience required.
• Knowledge of fiscal management techniques, revenue cycle management and third-party reimbursement.
• Knowledge of health care administration systems.
• Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements.
• Knowledge of computer systems and application relative to revenue cycle.
• Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical and administrative staff.
• Ability to analyze and interpret complex data and prepare comprehensive reports
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Skill in Human Resources Management
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560