Employee Health & Education Technician
Purpose: To assist Infection Prevention, Employee Health & Education Director to plan, organize, develop, coordinate, and direct SMDH Employee Health & Education Program and its activities in accordance with current Federal, State, and local standards, guidelines and regulations. To help coordinate all In-service and educational activities for SMDH employees. To plan programs to increase or maintain current knowledge of employees as it applies to their specific job role. To assist IP, EH &E Director with health-related and/or other various educational opportunities not only for staff, but also the public we serve. Help develop and implement health and safety programs.
• General clinical and office environment
Academic, Certifications, & Trade Qualifications
• Medical Assistant (MA) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of Missouri or Compact state.
• American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification required.
• American Heart Association BLS Instructor certification is required within 6 months of hire.
Work Experience, Skills, and Strengths
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in field of nursing or direct patient care immediately prior to application
• Excellent attention to detail; able to maintain complete and accurate documentation of all employee related activities
• Ability to build relationships and quickly develop trust with patients and healthcare professionals
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and respectful, professional customer service
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
• Ability to work well with patients, office staff, and providers to optimize patient care.
• Highly motivated, results-orientated with strong skills in customer service, organizing and multi-tasking
• Able to meet productivity and quality standards.
• Flexible to handle fluctuating workloads and tasks
• Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations
• Proactively continues to educate self on providing quality care and improving professional skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Good knowledge and application of computer technology; Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel, Access, e-mail, etc.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, lift at least 50 pounds, and move intermittently throughout the work day including standing, walking, sitting, lifting, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, reaching
• Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
• May be required to lift equipment, supplies, etc.
• May be subjected to infectious diseases, waste, conditions, etc., including the potential exposure to the AIDS, Tuberculosis and Hepatitis B Viruses
Position Type : Full Time
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560