IT Support Specialist
Salem Memorial District Hospital is seeking an experienced IT Support Specialist to assist users with desktop, software and hardware related business technology issues.
This position is responsible for:
• Receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving technical support requests from users in a timely manner via phone, email and/or remote desktop/device control solutions.
• Overseeing the daily performance of computer systems using remote management and monitoring software.
• Setting up equipment for clients’ use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, and appropriate software.
• Maintaining record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities while accurately tracking time.
• Maintaining high levels of professionalism, courtesy and customer service throughout all client interactions, listening to and de-escalating clients who have an emotional connection to their issue(s).
• Assisting peers and manager as requested and follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) including Customer Data Privacy, Illegal Software, and HIPAA compliance regulations.
• Responsible for the technical support of client computers, printers and mobile devices. Serves as primary end user contact for the IT Help Desk to provide excellent customer service. Works with network administrators to ensure effective data security and integrity.
• Educate users on the functions of installed general office applications and operating systems.
• Provide routine maintenance on computers, printers, hardware, and software.
• Maintain accurate documentation on processes and solutions.
• Troubleshoot equipment problems and place service calls with the appropriate maintenance vendors when necessary.
• Manage anti-virus, spam and print services.
• Monitor and manage backup / disaster recovery solution.
• Stay current with application updates and industry trends in order to maximize SMDH’s investment in computerized systems.
• Make recommendations regarding hardware and software to meet identified business needs.
• Support client computer patching cycle.
• Responsible to accurately monitor IT assets.
• Performing other related duties as assigned.
AS in Computer Science (CS) or related technical degree and/or equivalent experience required. Minimum 2 years technical and technical support experience. Experience with PC Hardware, Windows OS, Microsoft Office365, helpdesk ticketing, asset management tools and IOS, preferred.
Position Type : Full Time
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560