Hours: Full Time Day Shift/Three Weekends A Month
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to insure all laundry is completed in a timely manner each day.
• Delivers laundry daily to various departments.
• Assures an adequate supply of linens are maintained in laundry room.
• Keeps track of outgoing laundry weights and enters into computer.
• Stamps new laundry items with logo,
• Keeps laundry room clean and organized and reports laundry issues to Penn.
• Helps handle electronic purchase requests, and fills department requisitions and Pyxis information.
• Helps put Admit Kits together.
• Handles inventory control on physical product count checking for outdated items.
• Handles print jobs and padding of print jobs when needed.
• Helps put away receiving and labels patient chargeable items when needed.
• Attends department meetings and other on-the-job training requirements.
• Works in well-lighted and ventilated area. Space limited so work area must clear before beginning work.
• Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours.
• Is subject to frequent interruptions and may need to reschedule laundry activities to the next shift reporting.
• May come into contact with blood and fecal materials.
• Willing to work beyond normal working hours, weekends and holidays, other shifts, and in other positions when necessary.
• May be subjected to infectious diseases, substances, contaminated articles, etc., including potential exposure to the AIDS, Tuberculosis and Hepatitis B viruses.
• Communicates with other department personnel.
• Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset patients, family members, personnel, visitors, etc.
• Is involved with patients, family members, personnel, visitors, government agencies, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
• Is subject to falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the work day.
Academic, Certifications, & Trade Qualifications
• Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma, or equivalent.
Work Experience, Skills, and Strengths
• Printing experience helpful, but not required.
• Computer experience is required to include email, Word and Excel.
• Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
• Must be able to speak English language in an understandable manner.
• Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
• Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
• Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with other personnel.
• Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds unassisted.
Position Type : Full Time
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560