Responsible for the day-to-day support, monitoring and maintenance of the company’s server, workstation, and network resources.
• Installs and configures server operating systems, operating system upgrades, and operating system patches as needed.
• Monitors server performance, recommend hardware and software upgrades as necessary to maintain acceptable network performance and reliability.
• Maintains server and network security, including creation and maintenance of network user accounts and profiles as well as access to personal folders, and shared folders with Microsoft Active Directory.
• Maintains and monitors our virtual server environment operating under HyperV.
• Install and maintain enterprise anti-virus, anti-spam, web content filtering, and other enterprise-wide protective systems and appliances.
• Installs and configures user workstation operating system software, operating system upgrades and patches as needed.
• Installs and configures user workstation application software, upgrades and patches as needed.
• Configures and supports company laptops and other mobile devices.
• Develops and monitors daily and periodic network data backup schedules, processes and appliances to assure the availability of data and program resources in the case of hardware/software failure and/or catastrophic event.
• Develops and maintains detailed documentation of system resources, configurations, and processes.
• Installs, maintains, troubleshoots and designs configuration for network hardware including routers, switches, access points and other network management devices.
• Works with the company’s WAN and ISP vendors to monitor, maintain, and upgrade the reliability and availability of the company’s wide-area-network and Internet access as needed.
• Develops and maintains detailed documentation of network device standard templates, exceptions, network assets, and build processes.
• Other tasks and duties as may be assigned from time to time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• 2-year degree in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent experience
• Certification such as A+, N+, CNA, CNE, MCSE, and CCNA a plus
• Three or more years of experience using, installing and maintaining Microsoft Windows workstation and server operating systems,
• TCP/IP networking, routers, switches, and access point configurations.
• Proficiency with Active Directory and HyperV virtual server environments.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560