Director of Radiology
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to direct and coordinate all activities of the Radiology Department, to include technical and clerical aspects of the department. Director will work closely with Administration, the Staff Physicians, Ancillary Departments and Radiologists to assure high quality operation of the radiology department. He/she is responsible for all radiology personnel, staffing, evaluation services, capital and working budgets, supplies, general policies and compliance with accrediting agencies. This is a working director position.
• Ensure that areas of supervision maintain a clean, neat and safe environment.
• Continually assess and improve departments' performance and maintain appropriate quality improvement/control programs.
• Implement strategies necessary to achieve department goals and observe quality outcomes.
• Manage department revenue and expenses and prepare information for Administrative and board approval on all capital budget items.
• Manage department(s) within budgeted expenses and initiate cost reduction strategies.
• Prepare timely monthly reports.
• Ensure an adequate number and skill mix of staff to accomplish department functions.
• Provide customer service in a friendly and professional manner and appearance to customers, physicians, patients, families, staff, visitors, workers and other departments.
• Effective management and development of assigned staff including hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, managing, leading, etc.
• General office environment
• General Hospital environment
Academic, Certifications, & Trade Qualifications
• Certificate/Degree from accredited Radiography program or equivalent required.
• American Registry of Radiologic Technology (AART) registration required.
• Bachelor's degree preferred, work experience can be substituted for education.
Work Experience, Skills, and Strengths
• Minimum of seven (7) years clinical experience in radiology department with multiple modalities.
• Management or supervisory experience required.
• Ability to supervise employees in radiology department utilizing management skills.
• Must have strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and writing skills.
• Considerable mental concentration required for long periods of time.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, lift at least 50 pounds, and move intermittently throughout the work day including standing, walking, sitting, lifting, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, reaching
• Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
• May be required to lift equipment, supplies, etc.
• May be subjected to infectious diseases, waste, conditions, etc., including the potential exposure to the AIDS, Tuberculosis and Hepatitis B Viruses
The Ideal Candidate
• The ideal candidate has friendly and compassionate personality with experience in radiology department, and is able to be of assistance for a variety of patients who may have different mental capabilities, sometimes requiring creativity, in a professional manner and/or displays the aptitude to perform in this manner.
Position Type : Full Time
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560