Materials Management Director
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to Direct and coordinate all activities of the department including purchasing, central supply, receiving and laundry.
• Ensures that areas of supervision maintain a clean, neat and safe environment.
• Continually assess and improve departments’ performance and maintains appropriate quality improvement/control programs
• Implements strategies necessary to achieve department goals and observe quality outcomes.
• Obtains quotes on all capital budget items per set guidelines.
• Manages department(s) within budgeted expense and initiates cost reduction strategies.
• Prepares timely monthly reports and cost variance reports.
• Ensures an adequate number and skill mix of staff to accomplish department functions.
• Inventory-Oversees the daily reporting and deliveries, maintaining appropriate par levels.
• Coaches staff to maximize work performance.
• Counsels staff as appropriate in a timely manner and submits documentation.
• Assures that performance appraisals are completed with time frames.
• Maintains maintenance contracts for hospital.
• Oversees all functions of the Laundry Department.
• General Hospital/Office Environment
Academic, Certifications, & Trade Qualifications
• International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management certification (IAHCSMM) or Certified Resource and Material Professional (CRMP) is preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or equivalent required or must be obtained within reasonable period of time.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Work Experience, Skills, and Strengths
• Five years purchasing experience required
• Two years supervisory experience required
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Salem Memorial District Hospital
35629 Highway 72
Salem, MO 65560