Salem Memorial District Hospital
In 1965, Dr. Billy Jack Bass and a group of other concerned citizens had a conversation that started a challenging journey of creating better ways to serve the health needs of our region. Five years later, Salem Memorial Hospital opened its doors in the community of Salem. Since 1970, we have been loyal to our community, helping generation after generation achieve better health, closer to home. We continue to strive for excellence in health care because we are committed to every patient, every encounter, every time.
Salem Memorial District Hospital (renamed to include a larger district made up of Dent and three other surrounding counties) has undergone significant growth and change over the years. Here are some highlights:
* One wing of hospital inpatient rooms was dedicated to develop a Long Term Care facility; the facility's dining room was later expanded to overlook the beautiful countryside surrounding the hospital.
* An Obstetrics Department was in operation for several years, and later transitioned into an Outpatient Treatment and ambulatory surgery clinic.
* A memorial gift to the hospital from the family of Jean B. Weaver was utilized to open a dialysis center.
* Physician Buildings 1, 2 and 3, were built for use as outpatient offices, including a specialty physician clinic and a Rehabilitation Services department.
* The Laboratory, Emergency, and Radiology Departments have been remodeled and expanded.
* Medical Records, Administration, Business Office, Home Health and Human Resources departments have all been expanded and/or relocated to accommodate a more customer-friendly environment.
* An additional conference room/library, as well as a dedicated computer lab used by staff members for training and personal use, were added most recently.
Salem Memorial District Hospital takes pride in being an integral part of the communities we serve. With your help and loyalty, we will continue to provide the excellent health services you have grown to depend on, every patient, every encounter, every time.
Need directions to our hospital? Click here.